Icy Road Ahead
Safe Winter Driving Considerations
Snow Plow Operators
Why Skid: Modern Winter Driving Techniques
Winter Driving: When Rules Change
- Icy Road Ahead
#IC001 - VHS, #IC002 - VHS (25 min. 1993)
Teaches the theory of driving safely and confidently on any
slippery road. It will provide information that every driver should
know prior to operating a vehicle
- Safe Winter Driving Considerations
#WI100 - DVD, #WI200 - DVD (18 min.)
This information packed video zeroes in on safety tips and techniques for handling the hazards of winter driving. Topics include:
And many more!
- Maintenance check, Tire check, Winter preparedness equipment
- 4-wheel drive Anti-lock braking systems
- Scanning for Hazards
- Following/Stopping distances
- Sharing the road with snow removal equipment
- Snowplow Safety: On The Road
#SN002 - DVD (23 min. 2006)
Many snowplow training videos focus on the mechanics of operating different kinds of plows-use of an auger, spreader rates, when to plow, etc. or on how to drive a truck, but few of them deal with collision issues…until the Snowplow Safety video was produced. Ideal for training newly hired snowplow operators or as a refresher for experienced operators. Topics covered: Equipment inspection, Positioning of the truck, Scanning, mirror use and defensive driving techniques.
- Why Skid: Modern Winter Driving Techniques
#WH003 - VHS (18 min. 1997)
A demonstration of proper handling techniques on slippery
roadways. Covers front, rear and 4-wheel drive vehicles and other
good winter driving tips.
- Winter Driving: When Rules Change
#WI007 - VHS #WI008 - DVD (15 min. 2006)
This attention grabbing video dramatically illustrates the importance of adjusting our driving techniques when winter rolls around.
The video addresses:
- Vehicle preparation for winter
- Adjusting schedules for winter driving conditions
- Maintaining good visibility
- Winter driving techniques, including intersections, cornering, skid
control, braking and slowing down
- Winter survival supplies and techniques
To receive the video catalog by mail, contact Angie Kupczak
800-444-9150 or 651-228-7302.