OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030) requires organizations to provide training to employees who could be exposed to bloodborne pathogens as part of their job duties. They are also responsible for developing an Exposure Control Plan. However, the possibility of exposure to bloodborne pathogens is a risk to all employees, making awareness-level training a good practice.
Bloodborne Pathogens: Safety in the Workplace covers the critical aspects of bloodborne pathogens training, including:
Includes a bonus 9-minute refresher video for required annual training.
- What bloodborne pathogens are
- How these microorganisms are transmitted
- Who's at risk
- Nine standard preventive and control measures
- Steps to take if an employee should suffer an exposure incident
- What to do when an injury is observed
- Accessing your company's exposure control plan as a source of more information
Ready-to-use training program includes several components:
- 23-Minute DVD - Combines engaging video and editing technology with expertise from industry professionals at all levels.
- Trainer Guide - Provides you with background information and training tips to make the most out of each training session.
- Employee Handbooks (11) - Reviews key points and includes a quiz to check trainees' understanding of the material. Also includes a training receipt page.
- Trainer Tools CD-ROM - Includes supplementary information, including content for presentations/handouts, quizzes, answer keys, clip art, posters, and a training log. These items can be used as-is, customized, or imported into PowerPoint® presentations.
- Awareness Poster - Hang in a break room or training area to provide a daily reminder of the importance of protecting yourself against bloodborne pathogens.