The hazard communications (hazcom) standard is intended to ensure that employers make their employees aware of the chemical hazards to which they may be exposed. Hazcom is one of the most important and one of the most frequently violated OSHA standards. With this book, you’ll learn how to create a written hazard communication program which addresses how the company will communicate hazards to employees, including using labels and safety data sheets (SDSs), and a training program. Information included for general industry, construction and maritime.
The Hazard Communication Answer Book will help you learn:
- About the new labels and SDSs
- What GHS is, and why your understanding of it is crucial
- How the new standard will affect your workplace
- What changes are required in classification, labeling, and employee training
- What the new pictograms mean
- Practical tips for compliance that you can implement right away