This 4 1/2 hour National Safety Council course is used around the country to reduce
traffic accidents, fatalities and general violations by teaching up-to-date basic
driving techniques. After successful completion of the class, each student will
receive a certificate of completion. This course satisfies the Minnesota state
requirements for court-referred violators. Check with your court to see if it
meets local requirements.
What will I learn?
Registration form (mail or fax)
- What is a preventable collision?
- A collision-prevention formula
- How the driver, the vehicle and the environment work together
- Common driving errors
- Proper passing techniques
- How to make split-second decisions
- How to drive in adverse conditions
- What to know when driving near school buses, emergency vehicles, large trucks, motorcycles, slow-moving vehicles
- How alcohol and drugs affect driving
- Statistics on drinking and driving
Registration must be received at least one week before class date. Pre-registration is required. Confirmation with course location and date will be sent when registration is received.
What if I can't make it to the class?
Class location/date choice:
- If you cannot attend the class on the assigned date, you must call at least 2 working days before
the class to reschedule without charge.
- If you are late or miss the course, you will have to register and pay again.
Crystal - 4th Tuesday of the month
Crystal Community Center
4800 Douglas Drive
Crystal, MN 55429
5:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saint Paul - 2nd Saturday of the month
Minnesota Safety Council
474 Concordia Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103
Tuition fee: $65.00 (non-refundable)
For more information contact Kristy at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 651-228-7332 or 1-800-444-9150, ext. 332; fax 651-291-7584