Fifth Annual Childhood Injury Summit
Promising Practices Poster Sessions
Thursday, September 19, 2013
8:30 a.m.- 3:45 p.m.
Como Park Zoo Visitor Center, St. Paul
This engaging, one-day professional conference brings together national and local speakers as well as key stakeholders from a variety of disciplines, united in the desire to see children live to their full potential, free from unintentional injury. Join us to:
- Receive the latest data about leading causes of unintentional injury among children in Minnesota and the United States, including trends and emerging issues.
- Understand effective strategies for reaching parents and children, based on level of child development.
- Be able to identify critical issues in cultural intelligence/cultural competence that can make a difference in effective outreach and delivery of injury prevention programs and services.
- Learn how to craft effective injury prevention messages.
- Gain knowledge of exemplary best practices that can be replicated in communities and have points of contact for more information.
- Learn about leading research in childhood injury published during the past year.
- Network across a variety of disciplines: health/safety educators; EMS; healthcare; public health; insurance; childcare; community-based youth programs.
Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Emergency Medical Services for Children, Hennepin County Medical Center, Johnson & Johnson, Mayo Clinic, North Memorial Medical Center, Regions Hospital & Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare, and University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital
Planning Group Partners
Sharon D'Agostino, Senior Director, State Government Affairs, Johnson & Johnson
Shonette Doggett, Manager, EMS Education and Injury Prevention, Regions Hospital & Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare
Todd M. Emanuel, RN, Injury Prevention Coordinator, Trauma Center, Mayo Clinic
Mark Kinde, MPH, Unit Leader, Epidemiologist Supervisor, Injury and Violence Prevention Unit, Minnesota Department of Health
Andrew W. Kiragu, MD, FAAP, Medical Director, Pediatric Intensive Care, Hennepin County Medical Center
Kjelsey Polzin, Coordinator, Emergency Medical Services for Children
Christina Kollman, Resource Facilitation Manager, Minnesota Brain Injury Alliance
Ann Kulenkamp, Director of Communications, Minnesota Safety Council
Kristi Moline, Manager, Injury Prevention and EMS Outreach Program, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of MN and Emergency Medical Services for Children
LeeAnn Mortensen, MPH, Coordinator, Safe Kids Northwest Metro Minneapolis; Injury Prevention Coordinator, North Memorial Medical Center
Erin Petersen, Coordinator, Safe Kids Minnesota; Family Safety Programs, Minnesota Safety Council
Becki White, Fire and Life Safety Educator, Minnesota Department of Public Safety, State Fire Marshal Division